Monday, October 26, 2009

Fun Escape

We spent the weekend in La Verkin and Zions. The weather was wonderful, sunny and about 75 degrees. We stayed at the Desert Pearl in Zion. The view was spectacular. We arrived Friday afternoon and spent the evening with Christy, Joe and the kids. They barbecued ribs and crab for dinner. Always yummy. Then we headed up to the hotel. The next day Cherise and I took Christy to breakfast for her birthday. I love the home cooked food at this little cafe in Hurricane (forgot the name). We then rounded up the kids and took them on a hike through Cave Valley in Kolob Canyon. We investigated a cave full of petroglyphs from the Anasazi Indians. The kids loved climbing all over the rocks and walls below the caves. We then had ice cream in a small town below Kolob. Christy and Joe made steaks for dinner that night. On Sunday, Cherise and I had our kids pick Fuji apples from a local apple orchard. Christy had breakfast waiting for us afterwards. We visited for awhile and then headed home. Never enough time.

2 comments:

Grammy and Gramps said...

Sounds like a great couple of days-especially all the good food!! Lesa, I'll never forget what Kira gave me for my birthday!! What a wonderful surprise-it made me cry! That is my favorite musical and the performers were very professional! Loved every minute of it!!! This birthday will always be very special because of Kira!!! Love all of you so much!!

Candy McCall said...

I'll take that kind a weather in so. utah anyday.
I've always heard Kolob Canyon is a must see.
I love the photo of Sky walking next to the river.