Saturday, June 12, 2010

Going into June

The week started with Memorial Day.  Bittersweet.  Sky placed stickers on his dad's headstone.  Sierra placed flowers in front and on the side of the headstone. I had the kids tell me one happy thought of Scott.  Sky said he missed sitting on his shoulders and then tumbling down between his legs.  Sierra said she liked being spun around on the front lawn by him. We met up with Todd, Candy, Tyson and Alyssa.  The kids ran off to climb the big tree.  Kira went up the day before to be alone with her thoughts.   We barbecued that afternoon in honor of dad.  He was the bbq king!
At the end of the week, Sierra graduated 6th grade.  It was beautiful! The 6th grade sang and signed to Josh Groban's song "You Raise Me Up." (one of Scott's favorites)  Of course the tears poured out...I couldn't even see through my camera lens to take pictures.  Sierra graduated with Honors and High Citizenship.  I'm so proud of her! 
We joined my dad and Melchora for Gladys highschool graduation dinner.  Dave's bbq. Gladys was pretty in her dress and made a designer cake for dessert. Thanks! Wonderful time.

1 comment:

Candy McCall said...

It was nice to see you that day. Scott definitely loved to BBQ.
Josh Groban for Sierra's Grad song? I can't see how that could be "just" coincidence. wow.