Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Down South for Labor Day

Labor Day weekend was great.  We saw the Broadway play "Lion King" on Friday night.  The kids loved it. Saturday morning we headed South.  We went to the Peach Days Festival with Christy and her family.  The kids took off in all directions. The festival ended with fireworks over the football field.  On Sunday morning, Christy, Joe, Brandyn, and Katie came up to Zions for breakfast. Delish!  Then we said our goodbyes (thanks Christy and Joe) and I took the kids on a three mile hike to the Emerald Pools.  It is beautiful this time of year.  We then had some ice cream before heading over to Bryce Canyon.  We checked in to Ruby's Inn.  The kids played in the pool and hot tub.  We had a great dinner and hunkered down for the night.  In the morning, we hiked the Navajo Loop and some of the outer rim. There was not a lot of people and the weather was warm and breezy.  Sierra wanted me to let you all know that she got bit by that chipmunk she fed but she had a great time anyway!

1 comment:

Candy McCall said...

Fun Stuff. Our kids enjoyed the Emerald Pool hike. I haven' been to Bryce since I was 12.
Love the pic of Kira and Sky in the cut outs. Too funny! I love when the heads fit perfectly in the space allotted.