We had a great Thanksgiving. The kids and I woke up and watched the Macy's parade. We went over to my mom's and had a great dinner with my sisters and nieces. We played Apples-to-Apples and had a fun evening. I am very thankful for all of my family and their support through these tough years. Thank you everyone!
The next morning, I was going to try to get to Smith's Marketplace at 5:00 am for one item for Christmas. It didn't happen. Instead, I got up and had a relaxing morning. I took Sky with me to the store at 9:00 am. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be but my one item had sold out in 20 minutes. The clerk told me that people were in a line at 3:00 am and still did not get the item they had wanted. That made me feel better. I'm glad I didn't wait in the cold for nothing. Sky and I did get some free juice and doughnuts (bonus) and I did find some great deals. I even talked him into getting a haircut. The hair cutter misunderstood me and instead of cutting one inch off, she cut it all off but one inch. He still looks handsome. It will grow out fast, right? Maybe next time we will not look for bargain haircuts on the way home.
On Sunday, I took my mom up to Ruth's Diner for a great brunch. It was starting to snow hard and the place was pretty empty. Nothing like sitting somewhere cozy when it is a blizzard outside.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment