Saturday, December 31, 2011

Where did the Holidays go?

I'm a little behind in posting. Anyway, the holidays were fun but quick.  We shared Thanksgiving with the Allen's.  They always have a lot of great yummy food. The first week of December, we joined Candy and Todd and their kids for Zoo Lights.  We ran into the Jensens (our good friends).  All the kids had a blast running around and seeing the animals.  Hot chocolate kept everyone warm.  We also saw Santa.  Sierra puts him in the category of creepy dolls and scary clowns.  But I got a picture! Probably, the last year for a Santa picture.  On Dec. 5th, we celebrated Sierra's 14th birthday at Applebees.  She wanted steak.  I'm not sure what she thought about everyone singing to her. We then went home for an ice cream cake.  I attended Sierra's and Sky's school performances.  This makes me happy and sad.  I love the singing but wish their dad could be there.  People around me must think I'm a blubbering sensitive mom.  For my birthday, my mom took me to lunch and then to dinner with my sisters.  Christmas started with Grandma and Grandpa Davis and my sisters and the kids.  We enjoyed a Mexican brunch and opened presents.  Relaxing. Then we went to the Allen's for a late lunch (more like an early dinner...ham, potatoes, lots of good sides, etc) and more presents.  Then it was off to my dad's for a Philippine dinner and visiting.  I love seeing everyone on Christmas.  When we get home, we eat leftovers from the day and collapse on the couch.  The kids are too tired to play with their presents.  Good times.

No comments: