Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break trip

We took advantage of Spring Break and went to three parks near Moab.  I took Sky and Sierra.  Kira had school and work.  Her spring break was the week before. Bummer! We stayed in Green River.  This turned out to be a great place because it was located between two parks and the hotel offered hot soup at night and a full breakfast in the morning.  The first night, Sky and Sierra played in the indoor pool and hot tub.  If the kids blocked holes in the hot tub it shot geysers over their heads.  The next morning we stopped at a red sand dune just outside of Arches National Park.  I climbed up once with them and thought I was going to have a heart attack.  It was very soft and steep.  We actually went to this sand dune four times on our trip.  We hiked through Arches (beautiful) and then went to the petting zoo at the Hole-In-The-Rock.  The next day, I took the kids to Capital Reef National Park.  We hiked the rim and saw some petroglyths. Very cool.  Then it was off to Goblin Valley State Park.  I highly recommend this park.  Families were every where climbing on and through the rock goblins.  We ended up staying there three hours.  I will definitely go back to this park.  Oh and Sky caught two lizards but I made him release them where he found them. He was a little sad about this.

No comments: