Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Coos Bay Oregon
Sierra, Sky and I went to Coos Bay, Oregon, to visit Heather, Brian and Jackson for the weekend. Grammy and Gramps came also. Kira stayed back to see the premier of Twilight. Gramps took the kids and I to Sunset Beach on Friday night while Heather and Brian went to a company dinner. Grammy stayed back to play with Jackson. What a cutie! The beach was beautiful. The air was crisp and clean. Sierra and Sky wanted to keep chasing waves but it got dark and we had to head back. Heather had left a scrumptious dinner: homemade chicken soup, salad and rolls. She is quite the hostess. On Saturday, all of us watched Brian throw crab (catchers?) into the bay. He caught a lot of crabs. The kids were leary of the crabs at first and then took turns holding them. Sierra held one without gloves...tough girl! We then went to several beaches, all of them with their own unique view. We visited the botanical gardens. Lush and fragrant. I felt right at home. We went to Bandon for lunch at a crab shack and went souvenir shopping. Brian cooked, shelled, and served the crab with drawn butter. Yummy! I can't believe we fit so much in, in 48 hours. We had a great time! We are definitely going to stay longer next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment